Welcome to the UK Register of Career Development Professionals
The UK Register of Career Development Professionals is the single national point of reference for ensuring and promoting the professional status of career development professionals across the whole sector and to other members of the profession,customers and employers, as well as policy makers, funders and all other stakeholders.
The charge for joining the UK Register of Career Development Professionals is £55 and you will be asked to pay this on-line at the end of the registration process. All those who join the UK Register of Career Development Professionals will:
- Make a public commitment to uphold the Code of Ethics of the CDI and understand how to apply ethical considerations to their work
- Be able to evidence their competence as a career development professional at QCF Level 6 or above
- Make a commitment to their own continuous professional development and advancement of their professional knowledge and understanding, including meeting specific CPD requirements for maintaining registration.
- Agree to abide by and maintain the standards set for registration and understand that failure to do so may result in disciplinary action by the CDI.
- Be currently practising as a career development professional
Once you have signed up as a member of the CDI you will be able to see whether you meet the requirements for immediate entry to the UK Register of Career Development Professionals. If you don't yet meet the qualification requirements help is provided on the site which will help you to plan how to progress to The Register.